May 29, 2017
ArtStarts is Hiring! Job Posting for Communications Manager
ArtStarts in Schools is seeking a Communications Manager to join our team for a one-year maternity leave contract. This is a temporary full-time position (35 hours/week) starting July 24, 2017 and ending after one year. This position reports to the Executive Director for the planning and implementation of all communications and marketing activities of the organization.
- Develop an annual communications plan with implementation strategies
- Develop PR strategies and campaigns to build public awareness of the organization; build relationships with Vancouver and BC media contacts
- Manage the ArtStarts brand
- Develop creative branding and execute promotion of programs and events, including Annual Report, Artists on Tour Directory, Artists in the Classroom Directory, promotional rack cards and posters for gallery exhibitions and community programming, Showcase materials, professional development workshops, general promotional materials for the organization, etc.
- Generate and update content on artstarts.com website and social media channels in order to promote offerings, and to engage and broaden our community
- Work with web programmer to make improvements to artstarts.com as needed; monitor and review web analytics for artstarts.com and social media channels
- Write and send regular eNewsletters (to gallery visitors, educators, artists)
- Track annual marketing budget
- Support Executive Director with Development campaigns and grant writing as needed
- Work with Program Managers to determine communication needs for various programs and initiatives throughout the year
- Post-secondary training in Communications/Marketing/PR
- Graphic Design experience producing creative artwork using Adobe Creative Suite
- 3+ years of related work experience with demonstrated success
- Strong writing skills
- Strong technical skills and ability to work with online content management systems
- Experience building online presence using social media tools
To Excel in this Role
- Proven writing, speaking and organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to build positive working relationships and work cooperatively in an open office setting
- Advanced administrative skills to manage and organize information efficiently
- Focused, organized and thorough when accomplishing tasks with concern for detail
- Positive demeanour and open attitude to take on multiple tasks and support the team
Salary range of $45,000 to $50 ,000. Additional benefits include three weeks of vacation, a professional development allowance and extended health benefits.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter (max two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter must directly address the following question: Provide an example of how you developed and executed a creative campaign (Marketing, PR, social media, etc.)
Include links or attach samples of your design portfolio and writing.
Creative attachments or YouTube videos expressing your interest in joining the ArtStarts team are encouraged.
Applications will be considered as they are received so apply early and no later than June 12, 2017 at 12pm. Late submissions will not be considered.
A group interview will be scheduled with shortlisted candidates between June 19-23. A final decision will be made by July 3, 2017 with a start date of July 24, 2017.