Red Fox Drum Group Workshop with Red Fox Healthy Living
Celebrate National Aboriginal Day with us! Red Fox
drum leaders Phabion, Kat and Darius will take you through traditional Aboriginal drum etiquette, some traditional dancing around the drum, and teaching playful songs that can be performed together to create connection and community. All ages.
- VANCOUVER: Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 11am & 1pm at the ArtStarts Gallery, 808 Richards St, Vancouver (map)
- NEW WESTMINSTER: Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 11am & 1pm at River Market at Westminster Quay, 810 Quayside Drive, New Westminster (map)
Me, Myself & I with Kellie Haines
Ventriloquist Kellie Haines
sings new songs from her most recent album, The Story of Me, Myself & I
, with Magrau the tricky bird and Kamilla the curious frog. This hilarious show is inspired by Kellie's childhood and blends musical numbers with fast-paced ventriloquism comedy. Join Kellie and her colourful friends in this fun and interactive show that highlights that being different isn’t only okay… it's extraordinary! All ages.
- VANCOUVER: Saturday, July 29, 2017 at 11am & 1pm at the ArtStarts Gallery, 808 Richards St, Vancouver (map)
- NEW WESTMINSTER: Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 11am & 1pm at River Market at Westminster Quay, 810 Quayside Drive, New Westminster (map)
Fuzzy Bees and the Food Forest with Renée Sala
Artist Renée Sala from Crafty School of Art
in Victoria uncovers the history and magic of wool. We’ll be using colourful unspun wool, lots of soap and water, and our own energy to create cute and cuddly, fuzzy bees! Groups of 8 kids at a time will be led through the process, and the audience gets to learn, too. Also learn more about Renée’s stunning “The Food Forest” felted wall hanging, which she created with Kindergarten to Grade 5 students, now on display at the ArtStarts Gallery. Ages 5 and up.
- VANCOUVER: Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 11am & 1pm at the ArtStarts Gallery, 808 Richards St, Vancouver (map)
- NEW WESTMINSTER: Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 11am & 1pm at River Market at Westminster Quay, 810 Quayside Drive, New Westminster (map)
More Fun Down the Block
If you're joining us at the ArtStarts Gallery in Vancouver on the last Saturday of every month, also be sure to also stop by the Contemporary Art Gallery
, located just two blocks away (at the corner of Richards and Nelson). The CAG invites all ages to drop-in for short exhibition tours and free art making activities that respond to our current exhibitions. CAG Family Art Day events are planned on the last Saturday of the month from Noon to 3pm. Learn more.
On Now at the Gallery
While at the ArtStarts Gallery
, check out our exhibition of young people's art, Cause and Effect: Young People's Perspectives on Past, Present and Future
. From engineering contraptions that produce a chain reaction to sound mapping, this exhibition features creative projects by 1,717 students who made insightful reflections about place, memory and myth, interpreting narratives from the past and present—and making their own for the future.