Artists in the Classroom Grants for Schools
Artists in the Classroom
Primary funding partner, BC Arts Council
Teachers, principals and PAC representatives can apply for AIC grants to bring professional artists into their classrooms. AIC grants support projects in schools across BC that demonstrate artistic excellence, strong curricular connections, high levels of student engagement and an active partnership between an educator and a professional artist.
- Expose BC's young people to professional arts experiences in the classroom.
- Explore curricular connections to the arts to support student learning.
- Connect the arts and education communities by developing mutual awareness, respect and appreciation.
- Watch this video highlighting a successful AIC project:
- Join the online Community of Practice and connect with artists and educators working on arts-integrated projects.
- Explore past exhibitions in the ArtStarts Gallery, featuring exemplary work created by young people.
- Sign up for ArtStarts eNewsletters to be notified of relevant professional development opportunities and events.
- Read through some Frequently Asked Questions.
- Download project lists of previously funded residencies:
ArtStarts gratefully acknowledges the support of BC Arts Council and the Province of British Columbia.
ArtStarts gratefully acknowledges additional support for 2014-2015 from the Columbia Basin Trust, through the Kootenay Cultutal Alliance.
Photos on this page
1 Arrow Lakes School in Nakusp, BC: "The ABCs of Community" with artist Morgen Bardati | Bowen Island Community School on Bowen Island, BC: "Virtues Made Visible" with artists Gerald Morrisseau, Andrea Klann and Saffron Gurney