October 20, 2014
Celebrate with us! You're Invited to the Opening Celebration for Dwellings: From Seabeds to Cityscapes at the ArtStarts Gallery
Celebrate with us! You're invited to the Opening Celebration for Dwellings: From Seabeds to Cityscapes at the ArtStarts Gallery, this Friday, October 24, 3pm-5pm. Students, teachers and artists involved in some of the artwork on display will be present to talk about their creative experiences. RSVP online at: http://dwellings.eventbrite.ca
- Learn more about the exhibition from ArtStarts Gallery curator Juliana Bedoya.
- Meet educator Carolynn Elliot, architect Danielle Berwick and students from Fleetwood Park Secondary in Surrey who worked on the Rethinking Dwelling project. They will be presenting their piece and will share some highlights and insights about their process.
- Meet educator Laura Treloar, artist Brent Clowater and students from Windermere Secondary in Vancouver, who will share their experiences making on-site installations in their community surroundings as part of their multidisciplinary Sense of Place project.
- Meet Angela Condon, the vice-principal of Edwin S Richards Elementary in Mission who will be sharing the highlights of their Adopt the Sea-Kiigad Gay.Ywaay project and the connection it had with their arts based curriculum.
- Meet artist Sandi Henrich who working along with an educator and students from the Macaulay Elementary in Victoria, explored their own West Coast forests and represented them with a particular visual language.
- Help create a collaborative art installation and leave a mark that will contribute to the transformation of the gallery entrance.
- Treats will be served!
RSVP online at http://dwellings.eventbrite.ca
Please invite other members of your community, friends, family and colleagues. We look forward to celebrating with you!