March 4-5, 2019
The ArtStarts Showcase is an inspiring event for school and community arts programmers interested in booking artistic performances for young audiences.
From dancers and storytellers to musicians and theatre groups, the range of performing artists presented at the ArtStarts Showcase always proves to be diverse, engaging and relevant.
**We have been experiencing issues with our email correspondence going to spam. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. If you are expecting an email from ArtStarts, please check your spam folder or add us to your address book to keep our emails going to your inbox. Thank you for your patience and support.**
Showcase is a meeting of community arts advocates, which is very important for my understanding and our district's focus on culture, creativity and education. Showcase Delegate
I always leave feeling inspired. I love connecting with like-minded colleagues from around the province. Showcase Delegate
It is wonderful to have a structure that allows the connection between artists and school district representatives to enhance arts understandings in the school. Showcase Delegate
Showcase helps me feel connected to the greater arts community. Showcase Delegate
Showcase is a perfect opportunity to discover diverse performers and allows us to cater to the individual needs of schools and community. Showcase Delegate
Ensuring that there are high quality performance arts groups available to provide enrichment opportunities for students is absolutely vital to the health of our education system. Showcase Delegate
It is incredible to have the opportunity to see and meet the performing artists. Showcase Delegate
Showcases were diverse, culturally represented, creative and energetic. It was a venue for rich conversations to take place. Showcase Delegate
I found the showcases re-energizing in that my own creative process received a kickstart and I had a million ideas racing through my mind. Showcase Delegate
I loved learning from others who share the same passion for championing the arts, from class to district level. Showcase Delegate
We are committed to providing students with accessible arts-based experiences in their schools and consider an intentional representation of equity groups an important part of this commitment.
We’re excited to share that 65% of the artists are brand new to ArtStarts and the remaining 35% are showcasing a new show.
We believe the artists in this year’s Showcase are reflected through this mandate and believe that you will be inspired by their multifaceted performances.Showcase 2019 Artists
Download the Delegate Information Package for more information on Showcase 2019!
See some of the highlights from last year's Showcase by reading the recap on our blog.
Showcase 2018 Recap
We are grateful to our friends at the Orpheum Annex for hosting our annual Showcase and providing the following accessibility information: Wheelchair seating is available on the main and gallery levels, and wheelchair accessible washrooms are on the main level. The Annex has an elevator; elevator access is available through the main entrance and will access all levels. For photos of the space and information about how to get to the Annex, please take a look at their website.
No Nuts Please
We're excited to feed you at Showcase! As a registered delegate, your dietary restrictions have been passed along to our caterer so that everyone will be able to enjoy the snacks. Please help us preserve a nut-free space by leaving any of your own snacks that might include tree nuts at home.
In order to create a space where everyone can participate, please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, or other scented products (including essential oils). If you're curious about how to better support people with multiple chemical sensitivities, check out this resource.