Best Suited for: Those who want a behind the scene look of what goes into an exhibition and want to get their hands busy.
Time Commitment: We house two exhibitions a year (July & October) with a 2-3 week period for Strike & Install. The more helping hands and time you have available at this time the better!
- Handy Skills
- Art Making Skills
- Able to listen and follow instruction well
- Comfortable getting dirty
- Comfortable using hand tools an asset but not necessary
- Comfortable using a ladder is an asset through not necessary
Areas of Responsibility
- Assisting Gallery Preparator and Program Coordinator with sourcing materials
- Assisting removing and packing arts works off the wall
- Assisting painting and sanding walls to prepare for next installation
- Prepping install materials and decoration
- Assisting with various installation methods and techniques
About the Gallery
The ArtStarts Gallery is the only free, public gallery in Canada exclusively dedicated to young people's art. Since the gallery opened in 2006, our exhibitions have celebrated the exciting artwork that emerges when students, educators and professional artists work together to deepen learning, creativity and community connections. Our exhibitions often showcase the inspiring work resulting from ArtStarts' Artists in the Classroom grants, which support opportunities for schools to work directly with professional artists to learn in and through the arts. ArtStarts in Schools is a charitable organization that seeks to expand the role of arts in education for the benefit of British Columbia's young people. Since 1996, ArtStarts has supported educators, artists, families and young people by offering a broad range of programs, services and resources.
To apply for the volunteer position of Strike & Install, please fill out our online application form
. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org