Artists in the Classroom Directory
Artist Application Guidelines
Join the AICD for the 2018-19 School Year
The Artists in the Classroom Directory (AICD) provides a list of practicing professional artists working in a variety of disciplines who are interested in working on projects with young people in a classroom setting. The AICD is a useful resource for educators, arts/community presenters, cultural programmers etc. interested in engaging artists with this range of experience. It is also a valuable self-promotion tool for artists looking for these types of opportunities.
- The application deadline has passed. It was January 31, 2018 to join the AICD for the 2018-19 school year. Intake for the following year will open in November/December 2018.
- Accepted artists must submit profile content, payments and criminal record check by March 15, 2018
- The 2018-19 directory will be launched April 27, 2018
Directory Listing Benefits
Artists listed in the directory enjoy the following benefits:
One-Year Membership and Online Listing
Confirmed members of the Artists in the Classroom Directory are listed online for one year from the launch date.
- One-time application fee, due at time of application – $25
- Annual registration fee, due upon acceptance to the AICD – $50/year
- Criminal record check through the BC Ministry of Justice's Criminal Records Review Program - See information below
The Ideal Candidate
A practicing professional artist with proven experience at delivering arts-based projects with young people in a classroom setting. Please see the definition of a Professional Artist.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application form which will request the following:
- Artist profile summarizing your background and what inspires you to work in schools
- Description of a recent arts integrated project you led in a classroom and documentation
- Professional artist CV
- Description of art practice
- Art portfolio as a link, images, or document
- Two reference letters: one from an educator who can speak to your classroom experience and one from a peer artist, arts administrator, and/or arts collaborator who can speak to your professional art practice
- Payment of your one-time application fee of $25
Next Steps for Successful Applicants
Should you be accepted into the AICD, you will be required to:
- Pay the annual registration fee of $50
- Agree to the terms stated in the AICD Artists Services Agreement
- Submit photos, profile, testimonials and project examples
- Artists must complete a criminal record check through the BC Ministry of Justice's Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP), available online, and ArtStarts must receive a clearance letter indicating no criminal record found for the purpose of working with children. Please note this criminal record check costs $28 per individual in your group and is to be paid directly by the artist.
Please contact Emily Beam, Grants Manager, at email@example.com or 604-336-0626 ext 110.