Here are some simple steps that ArtStarts, artists and schools can follow to plan for a successful artist visit:
- ArtStarts provides every artist group with detailed itineraries of dates, times, venues, addresses, phone numbers and contact names for each school on their tour.
- Artists are advised to send their study guides and/or Know-Wonder-Learn charts to the school at least two weeks before their performance, and to contact each school at least one week before their visit to re-confirm dates, arrival times and technical needs.
- To make the most of your artist visit, and enhance cross-curricular connections, teachers are encouraged to use the resource materials provided by the artist before their visit. This will help familiarize your students with the artist’s work and what to expect during their visit. Study guides and Know-Wonder-Learn charts are available online at artstarts.com/guides
- Please advise any staff involved with the artist’s technical needs to prepare for the performance.
- Be sure to let the artist know about school-related details such as parking availability, sign-in procedures, lunch facilities and staffroom location.